HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My water heater is 3 years old and I've recently had the…

Customer Question
Hello, My water heater...

Hello, My water heater is 3 years old and I've recently had the pilot light keep going out. It's a Rheem Q091523285 with Honeywell WV8840C1604 Controller.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

It's been hapenning every week or so for the past 3 weeks. Now, I can't get the pilot lit.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably not. My neighbor is a plumber and thinks the problem is the gas valve control since it used to light right up but now doesn't light at all.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Unit was built 02/26/2015 It's serial # is XG50T09HE40U0

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: HVAC
4/1/2018
HVAC Technician: Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician replied 18 days ago
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician

hi i am dan i can help you with this. if the pilot is not lighting at all remove the pilot tube from the gas valve and then push the knob is and smell if you get gas out of the valve

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Dan, can you call my neighbor, Rob Watkins(###) ###-#### He's a plumber and can let you know what he's already checked.

a phone call is a premium service and an additional charge also for diagnosing you will need to be at the equipment to get all the information and test parts one by one to determine the problem.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Dan, I don't know his availability right now and my mobility is limited. Is there a case number ***** phone number he can call to go through the troubleshoot?
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
When he's available, I mean.
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 18 days ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Greetings... my name is ***** ***** I can assist you if you would like me to try, if so just let me know.

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 15 days ago

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 5 days ago

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Customer reply replied 4 days ago
The problem has been fixed. Thanks.
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 4 days ago

You are most welcome and thanks for letting me know that everything turned out well...

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor