HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We’ve installed a Goodman ductless have System and it won’t…

Customer Question
We’ve installed a Goodman...

We’ve installed a Goodman ductless have System and it won’t run. There is a light on the Mother board that blinks 5 times, stops, then blinks 5 times, stops and repeats. We can’t find anything in the owners manual. This was a pre-owned unit that we installed ourselves and had an HVAC Tech come and look everything over after charging with refrigerant.

Contractor's Assistant: Are you an HVAC professional?

Did you read my question?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We’ve already done it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I’ve told you everything I know.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/1/2018
HVAC Technician: Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician replied 3 months ago
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician

hi i am dan i can help you with this. what is the model number of your unit?

Msg-24HRN1-2
Chat is fine
Hello?

on the circuit board, there are 4 led lights in a row that will be on or flashing. look at those led lights to see which ones are flashing in order to determine the error code.

There is only one led light on the circuit board.

make sure you are looking at the indoor board not the outdoor board

The indoor unit shows a communication error. The mother board on the outdoor unit has one led light that blinks 5 times.

if you are getting a communication error check the wiring between the indoor and outdoor unit making sure the wires are connected to the same terminals. also what type of wire are you using?

Stranded wire. One gauge lighter than standard 110v wire

ok next double check the 4 wires between the 2 units to make sure they are connected corectly

I have two yellow and two orange. Yellows are my l1&l2. Orange 1 is communication and orange 2 is ground. All are connected properly and tight.
Troubleshooting guide says to try installing a new motherboard.

make sure the 2 orange wires didn't get reversed and if you have a meter i would recommend checking them for continuity before replacing the circuit board.

I checked them both

ok then all that is left is to replace the circuit board.

Thank you. Happy Easter

thank you for using this service. if you have any more questions please let me know and if you could rate me on my service by selecting one of the 5 stars on your page i would appreciate it.