HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a gas fireplace the pilot light is on but can’t get…

Customer Question
I have a Johnson...

I have a Johnson gas fireplace the pilot light is on but can’t get the fireplace to go on

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

Johnson

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I’ve just added a remote

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can thing of

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/1/2018
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 3 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Do you have it wired correctly and do you have the gas valve set to ON on the gas valve for the unit. Make sure it is not just still on pilot.

DOes it work without the remote?

No, I've taken the remote off and it wouldn't start. The pilot light stayed on

Did you have just an ON/OFF switch

I’ve tried it both ways

If you jumper across the TH to TP terminals at the valve does it light up?