HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My thermostat screen is set at the brightest level. How do I…

Customer Question
My thermostat screen is...

My thermostat screen is set at the brightest level. How do I dim the panel light.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Specific to my thermostat panel and level of brightnest

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, just need to know how to dim the brightnest of my screen

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
4/1/2018
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

What is the make/model thermostat?

1f97

This thermostat does not appear to have a brightness setting feature, what it does have is an option for the back light to be turned on or off. You might verify no adjustment feature by going into the settings menu and scroll through to see if there may be a brightness level feature, if not then the back light is a factory default level or it can be turned off at the switch on the back of the thermostat.

Just following up as to whether this information was helpful in answering your question, or do you still need assistance? Please let me know by replying in the box below.

Thanks

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago

As of this posting I have not been able to locate any additional information on this specific issue, and since I have not received any reply or feedback from the recommendations I mentioned above, I trust they have been helpful in resolving this problem. However, if you are still needing additional assistance, please let me know by using the reply box below, otherwise I will proceed in closing out this question.

Thank you,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on April 01, 2018 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 23 days ago