HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

The ignitor on my Weber quit working. Changed the battery…

Customer Question
The ignitor on my...

The ignitor on my Weber quit working. Changed the battery and still no action.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just today.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if can.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, but thanks.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
4/1/2018
HVAC Technician: Bill, HVAC Technician replied 3 months ago
Bill
Bill, HVAC Technician

hello,

have you sanded the ignition points/rods with steel wool yet?

Bill

No.

Remove the cable/spark wire and clean both end connections...then at ignitor points (where it lights gas) steel wool the points and burner area....If batteries are good this should return unit to proper operation.