HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We have a RUUD 2520 furnace and it quit. showing a 67 code.

Customer Question
We have a RUUD...

We have a RUUD 2520 furnace and it quit. showing a 67 code. We have reprogrammed several times. It starts and runs for a couple minutes then quits. Pls get back asap - it is minus 25 below

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes a filter signal came on and I vacuumed the filter and put back in.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes cause I cant get a hold of any repair service person

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Home is 12 yrs old and has been working just fine

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
4/1/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 3 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, first step is to clean its flame sensor rod, its removable, and pokes into the fire box just about 1 inch above the burners, use a pot scrubber pad.

click here for some photos

.

If that fails

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and the printed circuit board mounted on the blower, , that shows where the thermostat wires connect, and I will mark them up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

.

When we finally get the situation solved, please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.