HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Error 126.00. 1 year. No previous - yes I will do the work.

Customer Question
Error 126.00 Contractor's Assistant:...

Error 126.00

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

1 year

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No previous - yes I will do the work

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What does error mean?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
4/1/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 4 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, I need the furnace brand and model number to tell what the code means, you should also know that while the codes are exceedingly useful about 30% if the time, the other 70% of the time are in error themselves (for instance if the printed circuit board is bad)

.

Brand and model number are on a sticker inside the same compartment as the gas valve

.

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and the printed circuit board mounted on the blower, , that shows where the thermostat wires connect, and I will mark them up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

.

When we finally get the situation solved, please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.