HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My Payne furnace is blowing cold air. I noticed the yellow…

Customer Question
My Payne furnace is blowing...
My Payne furnace is blowing cold air. I noticed the yellow light and it it flashing 3 times fas and 3 times slow ideas?
Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/31/2018
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 21 days ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

hello,

when this started was the filter plugged?

Can you post a pic of the furnace with top door off so I can mark direction?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
The filter was filthy, i cant figure out how to add the pic, its model PG8JAA/MAA
20180331_164825.jpg2018033...jpg20180331_164821.jpg2018033...jpg20180331_164825.jpg2018033...jpg20180331_164825.jpg2018033...jpg

See the pic HERE

I want to trace to the limit but do not see it in the pic...behind the gas valve against the wall is there a credit card sized flat plate?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Is that the fan switch? If so yes its on the side

what is the model number and I will pull schematic

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
PG8JAA/MAA
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
That switch is in line with the gas line & is above the shut off
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
It is mounted to the outside of the furnace

Ok some of those components that have red wires attached have tiny buttons between the red wires....others do not...they look like this Click Here

follow the red wires in the pic....tell me if they lead to switches that look like what I just sent a pic of

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
No, 1 end goes to a square box the other end up to a round thing with a stem or button in the middle

press the stem down firmly and tell me if it clicks...also does the red wire continue to another or back to the circuit board?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
It pushes in the wires end at the box on one end and that switch on the other
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Ok gotta get tools give me 10 min

just reply when ready...there will be another switch up in there...what does the red light code right now?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I dont have the bit I need sis is gonna have to bring me one give me 1 min to turn on for code

ok

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Light is staying yellow

then it reset...try turning thermostat up now..

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Yippee yeahIts working!!! Thank you SO much, ur my HERO!!!

You did all the work....Well done and enjoy your weekend.

Just rate service ( 5 star system) to close.

Thank you!

Billy

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
God bless you I have heat. Thank you

you are very welcome.

select a star to rate service and Happy Easter

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Cannot believe it, I went to put cover on n accidently bumped the switch to off, does it just need to reset? Im so sorry...dumb woman!

no problem....just secure the cover back on....turn power on...and try again...I will wait for you

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Blinking again so when it cools i need to hit that reset

it may be blinking a 12 instead?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Im good AGAIN happy easter to you n yours!

Thank you.

Dont forget to rate the service so I can move it off the active list...thanks again.

BillyHvac
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech