HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Have Harmon P68 Status light 3 blinks. Replaced the ESP.

Customer Question
Have Harmon P68...

Have Harmon P68 Status light 3 blinks. Replaced the ESP . Still get 3 blinks , stove won't ignite, or adjust feed rate . only works about half speed

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

5 days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Stove does not work properly. no adjustment controls work. Wont shut off.wont ignite ,

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
4/1/2018
HVAC Technician: Iohn Keffer, HVAC Technician replied 3 months ago
Iohn Keffer
Iohn Keffer, HVAC Technician

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is*****’m reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily."

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

A 3 blink error codes means that the control board has not detected the ESP (Exhaust Sensing Probe) at start up or that it lost communication with it while the unit was running.

• Verify that the ESP probe is clean by removing it and looking at it, clean if necessary. It should be a silver colored metal.
  • If you replace it, make sure you replace it with the proper one for your unit. There are two versions; a probe with black wires and a probe with red wires, replace accordingly.
  • If the probe itself looks “bent” it’s probably broken.
  • Before replacing the probe verify that the probe itself in actually plugged into the controller and the contacts on the controller are “clean”
  • On front side of each controller there is a red rectangle box with a series of 8 micro-switches called DIP switches. The controller must be removed from the unit to access them. DIP switches allow multiple stoves to use the same controller but run different programs according to the stove’s required functions. The #5 DIP switch must be set to “OFF’ or down for ESP probes with black wires and set to “ON” for DIP switches with red wires. 3 blink error codes can be caused by installing the improper colored wired ESP with the wrong DIP selection.

For my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.