HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

The heat keeps shutting off. We changed the battery in the…

Customer Question
The heat keeps shutting...

The heat keeps shutting off. We changed the battery in the thermostat, but the heat only runs for a couple of minutes, then shuts down.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

We checked the thermostat's settings & my husband checked the filter recently.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, possibly.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/31/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 3 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What's the brand and model of your furnace. This is most likely not thermostat problem.

It’s a Tempstar, model no. EDD4X42LA2

That's an AC coil model not the furnace. The furnace model is on the rating tag inside the burner compartment.

How do I find the burner compartment?

You have to remove the (usually) upper access panel. It's where the burners are

Can we continue this when my husband returns? I have no idea what to do.

Ok

How do I get in touch with you again?

Bookmark this page and come back here

Husband back. Can you tell us what to do?

First I need the model number. Remove the front panel (usually upper if there are 2) and give me the brand and model on the rating tag.

I’m sorry, but there are so many labels, I don’t know where to look.

I'd suggest you call a pro. If just providing the model is beyond your capabilities a fix, which would be far more complicated, is not likely something you'll be able to manage.

Thanks a bunch!

You're welcome

If you’re not going to help honest people, you shouldn’t be in business!

There are limits as to what I can do from here. One of those limits is your ability. You need some familiarity with the equipment. Based on your responses you have none. If you want a refund contact customer service

Why would you go out of your way to attack my intellect? You are the professional. I have no knowledge of how appliances work. And, yes, I will contact customer service.

It has nothing to do with your intellect. I certainly didn't attack you. Would you try to fix a race car? same thing

I felt your responses were unprofessional, but, hey, we’re supposed to love one another, so Happy Easter & God bless!