HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My furnace will not heat??? I can get fan to run...I checked…

Customer Question
My furnace will not...

My furnace will not heat??? I can get fan to run...I checked and turned off then back on. The exhaust outside is clear and running.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

New filter new batteries in thermostate.?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible..I'm illiterit to such

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Clean filter...I'm thinking thermostate????

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: HVAC
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Im not educated in ANY electrical/furnace..
Im late mid age unable to crawl around to check inside furnace
Asking questions so My Son n law could do work.
Easiest thought??? Thermastate
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Furnace not heating
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
No answer????
3/31/2018
HVAC Technician: Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician replied 23 days ago
Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician

Hi, I'm Brian and I'll be happy to help with this. I'm sorry for the slow response, holiday weekend and all.

Because your exhaust is running (combustion air fan), chances are your thermostat is not the issue. This will take some investigation to find the culprit but it's likely an issue within your furnace. Perhaps a combustion air proving switch issue or a flame detection issue. The furnace should throw a code with a blinking led that can be seen through the furnace's front panel. If you can tell me any code it's blinking and the make and model number of your furnace, I can help you narrow down the issue.

Thanks,

Brian

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Im disable so calling my son n law over to follow Your instructions.
May take a little bit.
Back within 30 minutes to let You know where I am getting Him over here. Appreciate You wait. Judy

Very good Judy, I'll be here. Please pardon a slow response as I may be helping another customer. Thanks much, -Brian

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Appreciate Your offer son n law across town.(###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Son n law out for the day.
Will contact this afternoon.. Will You be around???

I'm not sure I understand your statement. Are you requesting the additional Premium Service phone call service (additional charge) or are you just saying it will take your SIL a while to get to you from across town? You should edit your response with your number in it and remove your phone number since this is a public board and anyone can see it. If you'd like the addition Premium Service of phone call support, let me know and I'll submit the offer to you and there we can exchange personal info in a private way.

Yes, I will be around all day so if you'd like to put this on hold until your SIL can get there, that will be just fine!

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
May be later?
So dont just hang by service.
Im not able to go to basement recently got hurt

I understand fully and that'll be just fine! I'll be notified when you post a response and are ready to continue troubleshooting. I'll keep any eye out for your next response later in the day.

Thanks,

Brian

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer