HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a luxair furnace trouble. Clean put new one in it…

Customer Question
Hello i have a...

Hello i have a luxair furnace trouble

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Clean put new one in it shows two red flashes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I was hoping to ys yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I already changed the pressure valves also the pressure reducer also the moisture pan

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: HVAC
3/29/2018
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 22 days ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

depending on age the 2 blinks could mean a couple different things.

Does the legend on back door of the blower section state what the 2 blinks represent?

Also please disregard computer generated phone offer as that is not currently available

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
when i googled
it it is a pressure switch issue
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
text is good

They used it two different ways....pressure switch stuck closed and also stuck open.

Is this the switch you already replaced?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
i replaced both -40 and also the -90
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
it worked for awhile
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
then i replaced the pressure reducer and it worked for awhile again

Thank you...is this a 90% efficient furnace with plastic vent pipes?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
3 weeks ago i replaced the moisture pan and it worked till todayyes it is 90 some % and direct vent pvc pipes to the outside

Ok do you have a shop vacuum?

purge the furnace drain at end point applying suction to the furnace.

I am thinking we are not draining as well as it should....make sure plastic pipes slope back toward furnace 1/4" per foot with no sags or pockets. Make sure the condensate pan and trap are not junked up....suck everything out of furnace and tell me if it starts afterwards

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
ok i try it

standing by

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
well the reservoir was full i emptied it and suck hose out and no start

Did the pressure switches get water logged? Moisture in the tubing?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
anything possible i guess
i believe all water was in
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
was in the holding tank

do you have 2 plastic pipes?..one intake and one exhaust?

we want to remove the intake and try to start furnace

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
ok
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
nothing
the reducer motor is running all the time
with thermostat calling for heat and also when its not calling for heat

thats a tripped safety...either limit or flame rollout

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
what do i do with that

Can you take a pic of the furnace with doors off and post here?

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer