HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

The blower works but is scraping on the housing. It appears…

Customer Question
The blower works but...

The blower works but is scraping on the housing. It appears that the blower assembly some how is resting on the housing causing it scrap making a load noise. Is there a retainer at the bottom that is off or loose. Thanks David

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It just started. Wanted some advise before I take it apart and see. I can't find a schematic on the blower assembly.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't know

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/29/2018
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 3 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I am Gaztech1, a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Ok
Ok I just want an answer for the 5 dollars I paid. Like advertised.

Take blower assemly out, as I would do, to inspect for melting or acumulation of residue due to combustion residue

Never mind this is not helping or answering the question I ask!!!! I will figure it out myself.

Power ventor has worn out bearings, and will need to be replacced with new.power ventor assemblly.