HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

How do you set the thermostat on an electric water heater?

Customer Question
How do you set...

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

No, we have just set it up, and I am unfamiliar with electric water heaters.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is an easy adjustment, then yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have owned many gas heaters, but never an electric, and don't even know where the thermostat setting is.

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: HVAC
3/29/2018
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 28 days ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

You have to remove the cover panels there should be two one for the upper and one for the lower element. Then just turn the temp dials up. See my video link below

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH