HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a takagi tk2. Burner will not fire and I don't hear…

Customer Question
I have a takagi...

I have a takagi tk2. Burner will not fire and I don't hear the clunk I am used to hearing. I have researched and replaced the common parts. Ignited box. Rod assembly. Gas valve.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

1 week. Changed ignited Sun. Changed gas valve today.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have so far

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have not bled gas valve. Not sure how to do this.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
Also the ignited show Working when water is demanded also fan assembly works also
Igniter is working and so is the fan assembly when there is a demand for water
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/29/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 5 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, the clunk is the gas valve opening, the problem given that the igniter and fan work, is most likely a bad printed circuit board or bad gas valve.

.

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the water heater service access panel, and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

.

When we finally get the situation solved, please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Cancel the request I figured it out.

Good work! I will forward your cancel request to our customer service dept for you.

In the time you have responded I have completed the repair on the unit. As I took a closer look at the valve it has a step solenoid system. Yes the clunk is the valve...to be more specific it is actually a series of solenoids opening in sequence. FYI u must bleed gas valve with bleeder out and hot water demand on. Thanks anyway