HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Furnace blowing cold air,Filter is good,burner is on.

Customer Question
Furnace blowing cold air,Filter...

Furnace blowing cold air,Filter is good,burner is on

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes Filters new

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Its not flashing any codes

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: HVAC
3/28/2018
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 27 days ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

You said burner is on.... you mean burners have flame?

and blower fan is running? and its giving cold air??

Give me more specific info please

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Burners came on heated up the firebox blower kicked on but main burners never came on
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Sorry just telling you what i see . thru the sight glass i got a firebox full of blue flame blower is on air coming out of duct work is cold

I will have to opt out

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Sorry just telling you what i see . thru the sight glass i got a firebox full of blue flame blower is on air coming out of duct work is cold I was under the impression That after the burners came on the blower kicked on and the draft inducer fan stop ,Inducer fan never stops
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 26 days ago

I reviewed your info and I think that you are refering to a two stage furnace, and what you are saying is burners are coming on at low flame and your not seeing high flame, Is this right?

To stage furnaces start at low flame for 10-12min. then should engage to high flame if thermostat demand was not reached.

It will do this unless control board is set not to, or something wrong with system.

Or either you did not wait long enough to witness high flame.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer