HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have had my thermostat set at 68 for the past two

Customer Question
Hello....I have had my...

Hello....I have had my thermostat set at 68 for the past two years.....now my indoor temp is 80. I have changed my batteries today

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

No idea....I am a senior lady and know very little

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I probably need to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

My system is only three years old

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/27/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 3 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Set the thermostat to FAN ON, tell me if the fan runs or not, if not and.....

if its warmer than 75F outside right now, make sure that the power to the outside unit is turned on, and that any rain cover fit over the unit for the winter is removed, and be sure the breakers in the house breaker panel marked Furnace and AC are ON

.

We can go from there without any time limits.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.