HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have an american standard furnace and the led indicator on…

I have an american...

I have an american standard furnace and the led indicator on the side is blinking red 9 times then off then 9 times, etc...

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes, it was pretty dirty so I left it pulled out.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe....

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Seems to be blowing room temperature (somewhat cold) air.

3/27/2018
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

9 Flashes --- Check Ignitor Circuit and Line "N" to 24VAC "Common" voltage (≤ 2 volts)

Normlaly when you get a 9 flash code the board is bad though on the unit, First try to unplug the unit or shut the breaker off to the unit for 2 full minutes to reset all the controls on it. See if that changes the condition if not I would change out the board if the ignitor circuit checks out ok.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thanks for your help. I think that's something best left to a pro, whom I've called.
I left a rating for you as well.

OK no problem the star rating link should be on your page to rate this. You just have to select a star 1-5 ....5 being the best

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH