HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I am in the market for a new gas furnace for a 1,700 sq foot…

Hello. I am in the...
Hello. I am in the market for a new gas furnace for a 1,700 sq foot two-story home in Los Angeles. Am wanting to know what brand is considered the best (highest rated, most efficient, quietest, etc).
Thank you.
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

I would highly recommend a GOODMAN 96% unit, they are very reliable, very quiet and service or parts is not an issue ever to get. If you buy a Trane parts and service are hard to get. If you buy a Lennox they are not reliable and parts are difficult to get. Carrier and Bryant are the same. GOODMAN units are your best bet. Here is a link to one...CLICK HERE

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thank you. My concern about Gooodman is that per Conumer Reports, they have a high breakdown rating? Do you have any insight on American Standard or Ruud?

American Standard is ok I would just recommend a Carrier then over Ruud as the next best thing. ALso you are always better off sticking to a 92% unit if you want less breakdowns.

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Thank you for your time.