HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a carrier model # 48ES A6011530TP. it won't come on…

Customer Question
I have a carrier...

I have a carrier model # 48ES A6011530TP . it won't come on heat or cool, help!!!

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I changed the filters ,and put new batteries in the thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When I turn it on at the thermostat, I hear a click like its coming on , but nothing happens

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/27/2018
HVAC Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Yeah michelle, i would like to hear from a tech, still having trouble. Thank you
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 4 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, the click you hear if its coming from the furnace/ air handler indicates that there is good control power to the thermostat...and that the problem is with the printed circuit board inside the air handler or another problem with the controls.

.

If the click you hear is from the thermostat itself, then there could be a power failure to the furnace/air handler or a blown fuse in that printed circuit board.

.

We can do some tests.

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and the printed circuit board mounted on the blower, , that shows where the thermostat wires connect, and I will mark them up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

.

When we finally get the situation solved, please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.