HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a two zone hot water system. lower zone has heat

Customer Question
I have a two...

I have a two zone hot water system. lower zone has heat while upper zone has no heat. when I check the boiler the pressure gauge is reading almost 0 psi. When I turn up the themostat the boiler kicks on but the pressure gauge is still reading near 0 psi. Not sure if pump is circulating or possibly the upper zone is air locked.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Thermostat settings are fine (I even swapped lower & upper thermostat's). Are you talking about the auto feed line strainer?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not sure, depends on what the fix is.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Furnace is less than 10 years old & have had most of the parts replaced the last couple of years.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
3/26/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 1 month ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You need to bump up the pressure to at least 12 psi then purge the air out of the system. Since this is pretty involved I can walk you through it on a phone call if you post pictures here of all the piping around the boiler.

Click on the link below for info on posting pics here

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer