HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Honeywell R7184P control. My burner will start and…

I have a Honeywell...

I have a Honeywell R7184P control. My burner will start and run and then haphazardly shut off and blink green. I have held it down for the 30 seconds but it is not continuously keep the house warm. Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

2 months. I have a wood burning stove and just use the boiler as back up.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The boiler seems to run fine at times. It kicks on at 140 degrees and shuts down at 180 degrees. The pump runs and the water pressure is around 15-20 psi

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

It's a pain. In the morning the house is cold and I have to go reset the control button. Can't figure out why it doesn't restart on its own or shuts off before house is heated

3/26/2018
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

When was the last time the burner was tuned up? Does it shut down with burner flame present?

Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
A year ago on the tune up. I don’t know if it shuts down with burner flame present because I am sleeping. I have watched the unit start at 70 degrees. Get up to Q 180 degrees. The burner stops. The pump keeps going.
Phone call session started