HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Now it just cut back off again

now it just cut back off again
3/25/2018
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Is the thermostat going dead?

still waiting are you there?
I don't want to pay another $24

Yes I am here is the thermostat going completely dead?

it just came back on but it only stays for a minute or two.

Is it a battery powered thermostat or a hard wired thermostat with a wire to the C terminal behind the thermostat?

it has 2 triple AAA batteries and wires on the wall but theres some small screws that seems like a few of them are not tightly screwed in I'm
thinking they are suppose to be tightened to the wires.they are very small

Yes they have to be screwed in tight to the wire connections or you will have an issue that may be the whole problem you are having.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

there are 8 long needle like things on the back of the thermostat maybe suppose to touch those screws

Yes those are the pins that have to plug into the sockets for it to work.

I have to locate flathead that small
ok

No problem!

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
ive ran to the store to get an eyeglass repair kit. I tightened up the screws and cleaned off the prones and its been running for 4 minutes now
thanks so so much now I'm HAPPY