HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

While attempting to adjust the temperature on my carrier…

Customer Question
While attempting to adjust...

While attempting to adjust the temperature on my carrier infinity control, the indicator screen went blank. It seemed to occur when my finger touched the +/- control and there was a shock of static electricity from my finger. The red light for the heat is on and heat is coming from the register, but I am unable to change the controls on the thermostat. I'd appreciate your help.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I cannot see the thermostat's settings because the screen is blank. The filter is new

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'm the homeowner and not mechanical. Do I need to call a technician or can you instruct me to re set the thermostat?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/24/2018
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 3 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE when we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Static charge release is one of the most common cause of thermostat faillior, it unprogrames t-stat microchip. there is no reset magic button for that issue.

You can try shuting power to furnace and remove batteries in the t-stat for 10 min then retry.

If nothing changes then you will need a new t-stat.

Do you understant?

I understand. How do you remove the batteries from the t-stat? What type of batteries does it take? Is this something a novice can do or should I call my carrier service man?
Can I expect a response soon?

You never gave the t_stat make and model number..

Will respond after diner

Please cancel the phone call and refund the charge. I have placed a service call with my furnace technician

You are not charged for the phone charges unless i ACCEPT CALLING YOU, AND i WONT.

Ok dinner is done, So whats the exact make and model number of t-stat?

The t-stat is a carrier infinity control . I cannot locate a model number but it was installed with a FE005 Infinity Air Handler

Did you resolve the issue with your T-STAT?