HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Got a he80-199n That wont light. I was saying that it goes…

Got a he80-199n That...

Got a he80-199n That wont light.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I was saying that it goes into loc out, think it is the hot surface igniter. There are no books near it, looks to be a 07 model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, Im a licensed and insured buisness and owner of Y2K Plumbing in Defiance Ohio.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Where can I get parts and possibly install Manual for heater

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

Can you tell me if the unit at the link is your unit?

Click Here

it seems to be

how far in the process does the unit get before lock out?

No not at this time, do you agree it may be the igniter? induced draft runs then click to attempt to ignite then will try till loc out. Natural gas unit

yes you would be correct...draft starts..gas valve clicks...clicks again 3 seconds later = bad ignitor

Thank you, ***** ***** to get parts and manual?, Never work on this style unit before. I lean towards a-o Smith
This is of course getting billed to costumer so no I prefer not to add expense with an unneeded phone call

Yes get your items local if possible. The back of the manual I sent will have part numbers.

Ok on manual thanks

Just rate service to close ( 5 star system).

Then return to this thread if you need further help as you work on the unit

Billy

BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech