HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Anyone there? F1 fault on vitonens boiler, happy to try, can…

Customer Question
Anyone there? Contractor's Assistant:...

Anyone there?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

F1 fault on vitonens boiler

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Happy to try

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can u assist ?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/24/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 5 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What model is your boiler?

vitodens 100 w
my number is *****
can you help ?

An F1 is max flue gas temp exceeded. What's the pressure on the system? Have you tried resetting the control?

pressure is normal, when i try resetting it tries and the repeats the F1 error and stops

If you get an F1 right after a reset you probably have a bad flue temp sensor

can it be replaced, where is it ?

Yes it can be replaced. It's not a do it yourself project