HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

The hold button won’t work on my control for carrier xfinity…

Customer Question
The hold button won’t...

The hold button won’t work on my control for carrier xfinity system.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Several months...I have put. The system on hold and operate with it always on hold. When I take it off it wont work again.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully....I have been considering changing it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can I replace it with any thermostat....I did not know this one was priced at $689.99 and now is no longer available....I did see a used one for 175.00 but I can’t afford that....if I can just replace it with any thermostat is there anything I should know/

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I got a thermostat, I have forgotten the name, from my utility company and it would not work. They said it was free and then when I got it they said it would cost $200.0 to have it installed. I returned it and then my thermostat would not work when I put it back on and some of the buttons on the side were broken. So I want to just replace it with something I can afford and do myself.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/24/2018
HVAC Technician: hvacdave84, HVAC Technician replied 3 months ago
hvacdave84
hvacdave84, HVAC Technician
Hello. I’d be happy to help. Are you comfortable turning off the power to your furnace at the breaker, and removing the doors to give more information?
I can't afford this service
I just want a copy of homeowners manual And I keep getting blocked
I bought the furnace and air conditioner
This is very disappointing
I apologize. I can’t get you a copy of the manual specific to your equipment without the model numbers from the equipment in question.