HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

The thermometer in our Honeywell thermostat is not working.

Customer Question
The thermometer in our...

The thermometer in our Honeywell thermostat is not working. How do I fix it?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I think it's specific to the thermostat, possibly corrosion.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so. Perhaps you'd like to know the age of the thermostat--just over 10 years

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/24/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 4 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You can't repair a thermostat. If the temp reading is malfunctioning then the only fix is to replace the thermostat.

THank you. ***** order the thermostat through Honeywell or can I buy it somewhere else?
Can you tell me where I can find a replacement?

You can get one at Home depot or Lowes. Just check how many wires are connected to it and what terminals they are connected to. That should be enough info for them to point you to a suitable replacement.