HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a rheem water heater model number 21vr40-71. I have…

Customer Question
I have a rheem...

I have a rheem water heater model number 21vr40-71 . I have to keep turning the hot water higher because it keeps cooling down

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

I just bought the house .3 months ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes i am a pipe fitter

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 28 days ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

I need a picture of the front of the tank showing the gas valve and related controls.

Click on the link below for info on posting pics here

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I have been billed with no answer to my question

I need a picture of the front of the unit. This is an older model with no model specific info/ID. If you can't provide a pic I can't help you

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
please give me my money back for no answer

No info from you = no answer from me. I'll let customer service know you want a refund

Ok, it's a standard gas control valve. You need to replace it. Sounds like the temp sensor/thermostat is failing

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer