HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Ihave a Honeywell thermostat and it on auto heat but the…

Customer Question
Ihave a Honeywell thermostat...

Ihave a Honeywell thermostat and it on auto heat but the thermostat keeps saying tempory and the heat wont come on When I put the thermostat on fan the fan comes on somehow I have pushed the wrong button any ideas

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

The filters are brand new and I have tried every setting I can do

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not the thing i can think of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/24/2018
HVAC Technician: hvacdave84, HVAC Technician replied 4 months ago
hvacdave84
hvacdave84, HVAC Technician
Hello. When the thermostat reads “temporary” it is most likely informing you that the program block for the current time has been temporarily overridden. (Thermostat is set to maintain x temperature from A time to B time, but you set it to a different temperature) it will keep the “temporary” temperature you’ve set it to until the next programming block, and then revert back to the program. If you press “run” it should go back into the program and “temporary” will disappear. If you press “hold” after setting the temperature, “temporary” will disappear and “hold” will appear. This indicates that the thermostat will hold the temperature you’ve set until you change the temperature setting, or until you press “Run” to resume the program schedule. If you have it set to “heat” and you set the temperature higher than the room temperature, regardless of whether it is running the program, in temporary hold, or in permanent hold, the heat should turn on. If it doesn’t, furnace troubleshooting will be required