HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Do you have answers for home steam humidifiers for

Do you have answers...

Do you have answers for home steam humidifiers for installing in heating and cooling ducts?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 12 years, I have a unit made by Nortec that has a bang-bang controller in it for regulating the amount of team per unit time. Are there more refined humidifiersI with proportional control so the humidity is better regulated?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

The unit's filters are changed annually, and the humidity is controlled by Honeywell humidity sensor mounted in the air flow.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends on how straight-forward the task is.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The specifications for steam humidifiers are woefully inadequate. What I want to know is whether my family will be more comfortable and mildew is not collecting on the window frames. I don't see any way of linking the specs to comfort or other user performance.

3/23/2018
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, the humidity sensor should be installed in the *return air duct....let me know if that is that case or not, the humidity sensor should NOT be installed in the same air duct as the humidifier.

Let me know about that, we can go from there without any time limits.

Humidity in the room changes very slowly and an ON OFF type humidification control works very well for that... if the solenoid in the humidifier is banging on and off, then the humidity sensor is most likely located down stream from the humidifier and in the same air duct.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer