HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Dayton ACP036G0901322 3 ton 13 seer rooftop unit…

Customer Question
I have a Dayton...

I have a Dayton ACP036G0901322 3 ton 13 seer rooftop unit that is not heating.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I checked and reset the thermostat. The thermostat calls for heat, the exhaust blower turns on but the main blower doesn't turn on.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I know the blower is good because I can manually turn that on from the thermostat. It's as though the gas, or ignition is not working

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/24/2018
HVAC Technician: hvacdave84, HVAC Technician replied 4 months ago
hvacdave84
hvacdave84, HVAC Technician
When the draft Inducer (exhaust motor) runs but the unit will not attempt to ignite, it is an indication that the unit can not prove adequate ventilation. Ventilation is proved by a pressure switch that is attached to tubing that looks similar to vacuum hoses on an automobile. Try pulling the hose off of the pressure switch and blowing through it. If you can’t blow through it, you will need to take the tube off at the other end (usually on the exhaust motor but may be attached nearby) and use something to clear the blockage in the port that the hose attaches to. DO NOT try to push anything into the pressure switch. If the tubing and ports are clear, check the exhaust channel/piping to ensure that no animals/insect nests are blocking airflow. If airflow is not blocked and the pressure switch ports and tubing are clear, you may need to replace the pressure switch.