HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Have Goodman furnace model CNPVP3017ALAAAAA. Yesterday had…

Customer Question
Have Goodman furnace model...

Have Goodman furnace model CNPVP3017ALAAAAA

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yesterday had to shut down [with thermostat] to change some gas lines. It ran ok upon restart, but today blower runs continuously no matter what setting the thermostat is adjusted to.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 3 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

That's an AC coil model not the furnace model. The furnace model is on the rating tag inside the burner compartment.

Not at sight right now, but forgot to tell you one thing. Board is flashing 6 times.

A 6 flash is generally an open rollout switch.

You can try resetting the rollout switch(es) (see attached pic for typical). They are located just outside the burner chamber. Turn off the power then press the small button between the 2 leads to reset it. If it clicks you have reset it and the unit will fire up when you turn the power back on with any luck. If it doesn't click it wasn't tripped.
Check to be sure there isn't more than one by tracing the leads connected to the switch.