HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a oil miser boiler which is basically instant hot…

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a oil miser boiler which is basically instant hot boiler , I bought a heat exchanger so that I can use boiler to heat house water as well as heating the house , what I am trying to do is get a aqua stat that will sense the temperature in the water heater storage tank and shut off the boiler like the regular 24v thermostat setups do throughout the house

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

The tricky part is I need the aqua stat to be programmable for the 7 days a week so that I can save by cutting down the water temp during low use hours and raising temp during peak hours , all I need is a some kind of device that will turn the boiler on just like the regular thermostats do , from there I have a boiler taco relay switching panel that will turn the appropriate pumps on

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes , I have already installed the boiler and the other water heater tank just looking for a good programmable temp controller now

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That should be it for now , hope I’m making any sense lol

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/23/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 6 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You would use a Honeywell L4006
https://www.supplyhouse.com/Honeywell-L4006A1959-High-or-Low-Limit-Aquastat-40-F-to-180-F-Range

To control tank temp. You'd need a separate timer for your time function. There are no controls with both features.

Yea I already knew about those color controllers but was hoping to find a digital version that was programmable like a thermostat.
I found a thermostat for slab heating that has a external probe and hi enough temp setting, I’ll be using that for the water heater .
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 5 months ago

Ok