HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Toro Evolution sprinkler system. When running a…

Customer Question
I have a Toro Evolution...
I have a Toro Evolution sprinkler system. When running a scheduled watering, it cycles through twice, even though I have only specified one startup time. Is there a problem with my controller that needs fixing?
Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: HVAC
3/23/2018
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 30 days ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

Are you talking about 2 immediate cycles or it cycles 2 times a day?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
2 immediate cycles

Okay.... stand by

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
No, don't want to pay for a phone call

This controller has a feature that allows multiple schedules (up to 3)and it is possible you have selected this feature (or the system thinks you selected it). You might want to review the Zone Run times and the Active Schedule sections in the manual and see if that is causing the double watering issue.

Also review the Advanced Scheduling section and see if that needs altering.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I only selected one schedule. The other 2 schedules are turned off. It appears the controller cycles through twice immediately, even though I have only one schedule turned on. It seems like there us a problem with the controller.

Another possibility is the Grow In function which has an automatic repeat cycle after a short delay if this is programmed.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
The Grow In function appears to be turned on, because it automatically repeats the cycle after a short delay. How do I turn off the Grow In function?

Here is a link to the manual, the Grow In function is on page 17. Scroll down to the bottom and select documents, from there you can select the User's Guide which is the manual.

https://www.toro.com/en/professional-contractor/irrigation-controllers/evolution-series

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Okay. Thanks for your help.

You are welcome, hopefully that will solve the problem, also I think you have a duplicate question, if so contact customer service so you don't get charged twice.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

Do you still need assistance on this question?

David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor