HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Our Ray pak gas spa/ pool heater switches on fine but after…

Customer Question
Hi there, our Ray...

Hi there, our Ray pak gas spa/ pool heater switches on fine but after about 10 mins it switches off, maybe a thermostat problem?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I am in Melbourne, Australia

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am definitely not qualified, can you recommend someone? If its not too technical I maybe able to fumble through, definitely not experienced in this area

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The unit look like its around 10 yeas old, it fires up fine, then turns off completely after about 10 mins or so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/23/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, so far it sounds like the water flow is low, due to clogged water filters or hard water scale build up inside the boiler tubes and that the high temperature safety cut out switch is tripping.

.

Let me know as much as you can about the water flow and the filters.

.

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the boilers service panel and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

.

When we finally get the situation solved, please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I am at work so I can't take pictures until tonight, there seems to be a fair bit of air coming out of the jets
water flows seem strong, I'm not sure about checking water Filters

Thanks, ***** ***** wait for the wiring diagram then prescribe a few tests that will get us an answer to what is going wrong

It seems like the diagram is completely faded (speaking with my wife), I will forward pics when she sends.

Thanks, ***** ***** you can get the model number of the boiler, I might be able to get a manual including wiring diagram on the web,

model no:- P0280-N
serial No:- 05091980

Hello again. click here please, see if you can find these two switches marked on the boilers polymer hot water header, then fit jumper wires across the two marked with red arrows, if the boiler fires SHUT IT DOWN IMMEDIATELY until you can replace the switch that tripped

.

I will park the manual for your boiler HERE

.

We can go from there