HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Thermostat went blank. Changed batteries and nothing. Fan on…

Customer Question
Thermostat went blank....

Thermostat went blank. Changed batteries and nothing. Fan on furnace turns on bUt no heat

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I cant check setting the screen is blank.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Ya. I don't think it's to serious

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Small overhead furnace in my garage

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/23/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 3 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, if you are able to turn the fan on by using the thermostat, we know the control tranformer is good inside the furnace...if the thermostat is blank after changing the batteries make sure you do not have the batteries in backwards and the batteries are good, if that fails, replace the thermostat.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.