HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My honeywell thermostat at living is going to sleep and I…

Hi Good Morning My...

Hi Good Morning My honeywell thermostat at living is going to sleep and I have press some button for every 5 seconds to come back

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Specific to thermostat as HVAC is running and heat is coming

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Replaced the clean filter turned-off and on the A/C in mechanical room

Signed up
Can u provide the resolution
When I press any button then it comes back up
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Please proceed
How much time it will take?
3/22/2018
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE when we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Pull front cover off the wall and get the exact model number please

Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
ThanksCustomer

Thanks, ***** ***** retrieve file

Ok

First thing, have you replaced the batteries?

I did
Actually this runs without batteries and after the issue started last night, I put the batteries... then at least it is coming back after 10 seconds

OK, so display is not going blank, it just displays whats on the picture? Heat shows on but not actual temp, right?

When press any button then it comes back
This happens every 5-10 seconds and comes back
Due to this the set temperature is catching up

Does it change if you press the HOLD fuction

Do you have more than one t-stat like that one in the house?

I can change the temperature that works but after again it goes to sleep mode and comes back... same
The other one at bedroom level is different thermostat
I mean different model otherwise I would have used that to test

Right!

What other suggestions to troubleshoot

Unit is reseting, like if it looses power?

there is 2 year waranty on it.

Unit is acting eratically, nothing can be done in the setup proceedures for that issue.

Conclusion: unit is defective.

Not a expencive unit, you can purchace the same one, leave old back plate and just replace processor top part

OK?

Ok, thanks Gaztech

My pleasure..

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Best regards

rated 5 stars

Cheers!!

55357;�

.