HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

What is the best way to deal with nails sticking down

Customer Question
What is the best...

What is the best way to deal with nails sticking down through the existing floor between the joists when trying to install your aluminum plates?

Contractor's Assistant: Have you talked to a construction professional about the floor?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have an existing boiler hot water system and want to add radiant heat to the floors above.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/22/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 4 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You're only option is to bend the protruding nails over and drive them flush with the bottom of the sub floor.