HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

How to adjust the heat anticipator on thermostat? once the…

Customer Question
How to adjust the...

How to adjust the heat anticipator on white rogers thermostat? once the heat goes off, it doesn't come back on. Gas log stove.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I've moved the settings and that is no doubt the problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/22/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, I need the model number of your White Rogers thermostat to pull the manual on it, however a bad heat anticipator will not cause that problem you are having, we will examine your thermostat for heat anticipator first however, those were common on most older thermostats but not common on the newer ones.

.

( heat anticipators function this way: a small amount of current is passed through the heat anticipator which warms the thermostat up slightly and warm up shuts the power to gas valve off *prior to the *room itself coming up to temperature... on the theory that residual heat in gas logs will finish the room warming cycle... the heat anticipator prevents overheating at end of the heating cycle.)

.

Tell me what you have to do in order to get the logs to fire again.

We can go from there without any time limits.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.