HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My ignition control mod is flashing 6 x off 2 sec. Over

My ignition control mod...

My ignition control mod is flashing 6 x off 2 sec.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Over night

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I just replaced it at the end of nov.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes i checked the system over night. All switches are good . I do not get power to pv Or mv/pv i do get 12.8 @mv

3/21/2018
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What's the brand and model of your control?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Honeywell , g26 series

That's not a Honeywell model number

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What does the six flashes indicated

I need the Honeywell model number

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
S8670k
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
R u still there

Looking up specs. Have a little patience

a 6 flash is an internal control error. Power the system down, wait a minute then power it back up. If the same error comes up replace the control.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did that several times 1am . Do you think there is a additional problem to cause the 4.5 month old module to go out

The module is self diagnostic. If it's repeatedly giving you the same internal failure error it needs to be replaced. It should have a 1 year warranty if you bought it new from an authorized dealer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What model # stat do you recommendfor a residential furnace

Thermostat?

Any Honeywell 24 volt thermostat is a good choice except the CT87.

Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Rick
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor