HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Unit will not turn on. New thermostat and new filter. I

Unit will not turn...

Unit will not turn on

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Yes, new thermostat and new filter. I don't see the pilot ligght

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model 58sta110. I looked at some previous questions and was wondering where do i get the code

3/21/2018
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The code is on the control board inside the blower compartment. Remove the outer panel but do not remove the inner blower compartment panel. Look through the viewing port and count the number of short (first digit) and long (second digit) flashes. Do not turn off the power to the unit

Is it the red light?

yes

ok. I am checking it now.
two short and pause then another 4 short blanks
Is this a code of 24?

a 24 would be 2 short and 4 long. There are no codes with 2 short a pause then 4 short so assuming it's a 24 that's a blown fuse on the control circuit.

ok. we will try this.

Ok

Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor