HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Lennox furnace flashing H3229 & 3228. What could it be? They…

Customer Question
Lennox furnace flashing H3229...

Lennox furnace flashing H3229 & 3228. What could it be?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes, they were changed last week

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

You were absolutely no help

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am trying to get an answer to my question for over 30 minutes.
My Lennox furnance is flashing the codes H3229 & 3228.
What do they mean? Heat has shut down, now.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where is the answer to my problem? Total rip off.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is surely a rip off. Over 30 minutes and no reply. Will never use again. Buyer beware
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/20/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 month ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello,, sometimes we get swamped, then there delays, out 100% refund guarantees that you cannot get ripped off...I will read your question and return shortly

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok looking forward to your answer.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Absolutely not satisfied.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No response in a day. Do not waste your money
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
After days of paying for a response to my heating problem. To date, March 23, I still HAVE NOT received a response. So I call this a RIP OFF. I would never refer anyone to use “just an answer”.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
More than 24 hours later, still no response. Check out when I requested help?
This is a rip off. Do not use!
HVAC Technician: hvacdave84, HVAC Technician replied 28 days ago
hvacdave84
hvacdave84, HVAC Technician
I apologize for the delay. The codes you are referencing, on a typical Lennox furnace would giving you 2 different sets of information. The “H” usually precedes the stage of heating the furnace is currently running in. The next numbers could be an error code (usually preceded by an “E”) or the current CFM level the variable speed motor is providing (usually preceded by an “A”) I do realize that after your current level of frustration this answer sounds Vague, I can give you more information if I look up your particular furnace by model number. (Will be something like G51xx-xxx-xx-x, EL296xx-xxx-xx-xx, etc. please provide the full number with all dashes
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Thank you
Model is Lennox G71MPP LC23/37Y9CG serial #7110F10520
Installed 4/2010
Hope this helps explain the codes flashing on our furnance
HVAC Technician: hvacdave84, HVAC Technician replied 27 days ago
Thank you. That model number isn’t yet complete. I’ll attach a photo with examples of what it will look like
My attachment capability isn’t functioning. Please hold and I’ll copy and paste some examples
G71MPP- 60C- 110 - 01
G71MPP - 36C - 070 - 03
If you take off the door that covers the burner area there should be a label with this number inside
In the mean time I will try to use the serial number to find some information
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
TU
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
60C
What I believe you are seeing is the display upside down.
“H” indicates heating mode“3” is actually “E” to indicate an error codeTherefore, “229” would actually be E 226, and “228” would still be the same (E 228)E 226 indicates that the high pressure switch has failed closedE 228 indicates that the system was unable to perform a successful pressure switch calibration mode.There are multiple situations that could exist to give these 2 errors, but the most likely one is that you have a failed pressure switch.If you have an electrical multimeter and are comfortable troubleshooting, we can proceed. Otherwise, it may be time to call your local HVAC professional to get the problem taken care of.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Poor. It took days to get an answer.
I apologize. I wasn’t present when your question was submitted. As soon as I saw it I did everything I could. If you rate the service as poor, it reflects on me personally. I understand why you would do that if that is what you choose to do, but I do respectfully ***** ***** if you submit a rating, you rate me and the service I provided, as opposed to the overall process.
hvacdave84
hvacdave84
hvacdave84, HVAC Technician