HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a lennoxml193uh furnance. Ththe burner keeps going…

Customer Question
I have a lennoxml193uh...

I have a lennoxml193uh furnance. Ththe burner keeps going out after a few seconds. Changed the flame sensor and it is still doing it any suggestions.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes they are fine

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

MAybe

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The fan does run after the burner goes out just blows cold air because not heat

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/20/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 3 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Do you get an error code on the board?

no it is solid red
The furnace is at my son in laws house. He is now at work. I can call later

WE really should get a code anytime it fails, but I would verify the flame sensor is sending signal to board and connections are good at borado. Here is a video showing how to check signal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5u044OJBc4

Can you give me some idea what might be the problem
I will try this and get back to you.

Sure.
1.Bad or loose furnace ground

2.Broken wire inside between board and flame sensor

3.Flame sensor not sufficiently covered by flame

4.Loose connection where wire plugs into board

5.Bad control board