HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Where can I find a list rating the top gas furnaces and a/c…

Where can I find a...
Where can I find a list rating the top gas furnaces and a/c units? The ones I see are consumer driven with half love, half hate -- nothing in between. Like only happy and angry people will make comments. Thanks Jeff
One dealer sells Amanda.Another sales Lennox, Mitsubishi and Armstrong
3/20/2018
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Jeff,I will be happy to help you.You are exactly right about the reviews.And to be honest a lot is going to come down to personal preference. Keep in mind that all air conditioning manufacturers get their basic components from the same suppliers.For example most every ac manufacturer uses Copeland,Bristol or Tecumseh compressors.Trane is the only one who builds their own.

You can go to a site like the one below, but again you are seeing the best rated based on customers opinions.

http://www.toptenreviews.com/home/hvac/best-central-air-conditioning-units/

Once you open that web page you can select overall rating,performance or value to get some facts about the 10 most popular units.

AS for the brands you mentioned, Amana has came a very long way in past several years and is now one of the top rated brands.Lennox is a good brand, but in my opinion not what Lennox was back when Grandad had one,(usually overpriced).Mitsubishi is great for applications where mini splits are needed , and Armstrong is a knockoff of Lennox in an effort to make it more affordable.

Using the facts from the pages in link above ,you should be able to come to a better decision.If you have any particular questions or concerns about a brand et me know.

If you have further questions, please let me know.
Thanks for letting me work with you.When we are finished if my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.
To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.
Leaving a poor service rating will not automatically refund your money,but reflects poorly on your expert. You have to request a refund if not satisfied with the information provided being accurate.

airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician