HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have two zone heating/cooling and the upstairs heat

Customer Question
I have two zone...

I have two zone heating/cooling and the upstairs heat stopped working in the middle of the night, didn't notice until 7AM. Thermostat not showing any #'s. Changed the batteries, no luck. Checked the fuse box, both in the on position. Downstairs working fine. Went into the attic and there is a little round window in the unit like the basement furnace for the pilot light.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Nothing showing on the thermostat screen Totally blank. Have pushed the 'i' button to see the current temperature but nothing showing. Will check the filter, but can't hear the unit running. Not sure how a filter would kick it on but will change it. I'm in a rental house and haven't changed the filter for several months. I did switch the round blue button that allows the gas flow off and then on again.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Possibly. can ask the owner to come over but would like to handle it myself. he's at work.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Why isn't the thermostat showing anything on its screen? wouldn't the batteries at least have affected that?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/20/2018
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 4 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I am Gaztech1, a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE when we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Check battery contact points in the t-stat, there might be corrosion and not making contact

Whats make and model of T-stat?

Hello!!

I noticed question is still opened, do you still need assistance?

Gaztech1