HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a lennox system, running two gas furnaces together,

Customer Question
one of them is working...
I have a lennox system, running two gas furnaces together, one of them is working, but the other one will not start. I notices 3 of the relays look like they are burned inside. Could this be causing it? Thanks
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/20/2018
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 5 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE when we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

If relays show arcking, that will reduce electrical contact and creat resistance and will damage furnace components.

I would replace them for sure. I may cause furnace to fail.

http://www.radwell.ca/en-CA/Buy/DELTROL%20CORP/267TMAC24V?redirect=true

But would this be what would cause one of the burners to not turn on?

As I said it may be the cause, but I am not there to confirm by series of electrical tests with a multi volt meter.

Burnt up relay is never a good sign, and for what they cost $20, it would be a good step to replace reducing damage to furnace.

There may be a flashing LED fault code on the control board indicating the problem.

Always include exact Make and model of units you need assistance with.

Example: Relays control the opperation of Blower motor and different speeds, so maybe the motor is not opperating right causing the furnace to overheat and go into lockout. Hence you having to reset for it to start again.

OK. I'll try that and go from there, and then I'll let you know if it worked.
I just ordered them and will get them this week. I'll install them and will take pictures of all labels and serial/model numbers in case I have any other issues, to help you troubleshoot it. Thanks!

Cheers!!!