HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Removed cover to replace batteries but cannot get cover on…

Customer Question
Removed cover to replace...

Removed cover to replace batteries but cannot get cover on tightly. Help.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

For the last couple of hours.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I thought I should be able to get it back on since I got it off.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Do you see a model inside thermostat?

1f90-51 (###) ###-#### these are allowing could find
My battery is low. Can't talk now.

To attach thermostat to subbase, line up the plastic snap guides at the bottom of the thermostat and the two connector pins on the thermostat with the connectors near the bottom left section of the subbase (when viewed from the front). Gently pivot the thermostat up until the six pin connectors and the plastic snaps lock into place (see fig. 9). Be gentle when attaching thermostat. If the thermostat does not seem to be attaching to the subbase easily, make sure that the connector pins and plastic snaps are properly aligned, and that excess wire is pushed into the wall. Damage to the thermostat may occur if force is used.

I only wanted to replace the cover to thermostat which is still securely on the wall. Cover is not going on tightly so there's no space between it and the thermostat.

THat picture shows how to put the cover back on the sub base. Are you able to open the link.You just line up the plastic snap guides at the bottom of the thermostat then tilt until it clicks on top pins

I tried that utilizes top 2 don't want to click on so I Can't get cover on tightly. ???? What can I do without breaking off tabs?
I tried bottom tabs first but top ones won't go on. Don"t want yo break tabs.

Try lining up and pushing straight so that all four clip at once

Glad to rate you as very satisfactory but need to get off hold.

If you have further questions, please let me know.
Thanks for letting me work with you.When we are finished if my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.
To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.
Leaving a poor service rating will not automatically refund your money,but reflects poorly on your expert. You have to request a refund if not satisfied with the information provided being accurate.