HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

After removing the thermostat from my 4500 watt a.o. water…

Customer Question
After removing the thermostat...

After removing the thermostat from my 4500 watt a.o. Smith water heater and after rewiring, it won't stop heating, (lower unit

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes, 120 , I'm not sure if put the wires to proper terminals

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No idea, what are filters and where

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When I loosened the screws, their was a thin peace of metal that dropped out, I'm not sure if I placed this on the proper terminals

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/20/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 3 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Can you give me model on heater and attach a photo of the wiring and piece you are referring to?