HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have new carrier compressor with three high wall units. 1…

I have new carrier...

I have new carrier compressor with three high wall units. 1 unit has worked fine for over 9 months the other 2 will begin to run but will shut down within 30 to 45 sec after they start then they display 2 small green lights in the middle of the cover.....what is wrong with the 2 units

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Brand filters and the thermostats are set on auto

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on how extensive and what I might encounter they were installed by a local installer

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not at this point

3/20/2018
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, so far it sounds like the system has a refrigerant leak and is shutting off those two circuits when the low pressure switch trips, You will need a set of refrigeration service gauges to verify that... its quite a bit of a specialized skill, If you have those skills I will coach you on doing the test, If not, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city and I will locate a well rated service outfit that can arrive and do the diagnosis and repairs,

If you can give me the full model number of the unit that sits outside I can pull the manual on it for you as well,

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I was planning on contacting the installer and have them check the units over. I had a feeling that was what the problem might have been since everything check out thanks for your time and answer.

You may or may not have competent installers, especially if there turns out to be a leak, in that case installers with integrity will fix the leak for you at no cost,

.

.....less than competent installers will fix the leak then tell you "your wiz-bang failed, that will be $490 please"...some will not even fix the leak, but will add refrigerant, then tell you "your doo-hicky has failed....that will be $572.51 please"

.

.

Its time to rate my input for the day, that gets me paid, locate the "finish and rate your expert" link near the top of the page and click on it. I will appreciate that very much.

I am in every day from 9 am to 11 pm west coast USA time to do any follow up needed.

Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Thank you for your help